Anyway, back to the review. THERE'S THIS MYSTERY BEHIND THIS PRIMER. wanna know what? then continue reading :)
e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer
Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear and increases eye color longevity.
This primer has been popular last year and until now! it only costs 129.75 PHP. I was actually happy to see it hanging on ELF stalls. *Thank God they made a Primer*.
But of course it's cheap... obviously the quality is not excellent compared to Urban decay's primer potion or too faced's shadow insurance. but hey! you don't wear eyeshadow that often, right? you don't wear it for 24 hours!!! *why would you anyway?*... You'd probably wear it for 4-6 hrs and so just for those simple occassions, dates, and everyday look type of thing. To tell you frankly I do not own a High-End Primer. I don't even know why lol but I'm planning to buy one soon anyway. it's just really confusing to choose between UD, Too Faced, Mac and benefit!!!! that's why i decided to buy the cheap ones instead and still they have that sort of quality that you can count on.
so there. enough of the "talk".
- Available locally (Department stores & online shops (i'm actually gonna sell some :)
- It actually does make the eyeshadow last for 4-6 hrs.
- Has that silky velvety-feel
- Handy. (you can easily put it inside your make-up kit)
- It comes in other 3 colors which are golden, pearl and champagne. (but not available here -__-)
The white cast
Really need to blend it well (extra effort here)
Contains little amount. (but what do you expect from a 129.75php worth of primer anyway?
- It does fade / crease after awhile. especially to those who have OILY lids.
- I'd actually recommend this product especially to those make-up beginners. it wouldn't hurt your pockets that much and besides IT IS EFFECTIVE & your money's not put to waste. trust me. You can actually head on to an elf stall asap and see for yourself. THUMBS UP for this product tho it does have a short staying power but nonetheless if you're just gonna use it for a few hours then you're good to go. :)
Rating of the Product:
- I rate this product a 4/5. I love how it is actual effective but I wish they had more primer in it. like around 15ml? lol
THE MYSTERY BEHIND THIS PRODUCT: (lol)
As I was taking pictures, I noticed how the eyeshadow without the primer looked darker than the one that has a primer underneath. weird right? Basically, the eyeshadow should look darker if applied with an eye primer BUT then it was just because of flash photography.
why oh why? cos elf's eye primer is too WHITE. it doesn't blend much on the skin. (take a look at the photos below). so it reflects back to the camera's flash making the eyeshadows look lighter cos the base itself is white or can't be blended well. you get it right?
so I took photos without the flash and VOILA! the one with an eye primer appears to be darker. so feel free to take a photo and see for yourself. your eye make-up would appear lighter with this. so if you're gonna wear a black smoky eye then this primer is NOT for you.
when blended. see? it's so white -__-
Left: w/o Eye Primer Right: w/ Eye Primer (w/ flash) see what i'm trying to say?
Left: w/o Eye Primer Right: w/ Eye Primer (w/o flash) and now the one w/ primer looks darker :)
so after wiping it hard for 4x, it's gone. HAHA but the one on the right(w/the primer) is still kinda there :)
So that's it. hope you enjoyed or somewhat learned something from my long review =)) it's actually in-depth. thanks for reading and visiting my blog :) and if you're generous enough, feel free to share my make-up video! thanks <3